Monday, February 28, 2011

March 1, 2011

It is hard to believe that we have completed on of our six months abroad, but here it is, the end of the first glorious month in Guatemala.  I am writing from my hotel room in Bangkok, Thailand, where my colleague Colleen Eddy and I are presenting mathematics education workshops for an institute here.  Tomorrow begins that fun, but not until we have been to the king's palace this afternoon.  It was a pretty long, long flight, but restful, mindless, and relaxing all the same. The 36 hour trek from Antigua to Bangkok was a bit grueling at times, particularly when flights left late, but it all worked out.

On the Saturday night before I left, Tom and I took in one more concert from the arts festival, Ballet Hispanica. This dance company performed three amazing sets of Latin dances ranging from Cuban to unknown rhythmic madness of brilliant color, confetti, and lighting.  It was at the same place, the open-air theatre, with the stars overhead, and the cool air surrounding us.  It was magnificent.

The flight out was very early Sunday morning, and I arrived here early Tuesday morning. Tom is headed to the beach for three days, starting tomorrow.  Life is good.

Hope all is well with you.

  Love jt

No comments:

Post a Comment